Decarbonisation of the built environment is a key challenge for local authorities. Operational and commercial estates are amongst the biggest sources of Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions.
ADEPT is working with EY to identify ways that can help local authority members to achieve their net zero estates goal.
ADEPT members can become part of a pilot scheme giving them access to EY’s Net Zero Estates Tool, which has been created by EY in partnership with Mott MacDonald.
Linked to a database of other 50,000 buildings, the tool can baseline and plug data gaps to provide realistic portfolio-level information. It can also aid in decision making through scenario modelling and providing analysis of alternative decarbonisation plans to assess their economic and financial impact.
The tool can be used to:
- Baseline estate energy usage
- Estimate costs of intervention activity
- Assess organisational capability to decarbonise
ADEPT is looking for an initial cohort of up to ten local authority ADEPT members to take part in a pilot programme. As ADEPT members, you will be able to take advantage of access to the Net Zero Estates Tool at a special rate.
Click here to read a case study from the Royal Borough of Kingston.
- The EY Net Zero Estates tool provides rapid clarity and costings on net zero emission transition requirements
- It takes a cohort approach allowing you to collaborate and work with your peers
- The tool is in line with government guidance (Net Zero Estate Playbook) and emerging best practice
- The opportunity to work with ADEPT leadership and EY to shape the development of the tool, including the potential to include Social Housing or Highways Assets in future builds
- The tool is being offered at a preferential rate for ADEPT members (approximately 20-30% discount)
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today. For more information, please visit: ey.com/uk