ADEPT consists of a number of subject and sub-national boards that reflect ADEPT’s remit. The diagram here illustrates the Association’s structure for 2017/18 (updated November 2017).
The Leadership Team is the executive body for ADEPT. It:
- ensures the effective running of the Association
- takes an overview of its affairs
- determines policies.
Presidency of ADEPT
In June 2017 Simon Neilson became the new ADEPT President, taking over from Rupert Clubb, East Sussex County Council.
Simon has been the Executive Director - Economy & Environment at Walsall Council since 2013. Before joining Walsall Council, Simon was previously Assistant Director: Place at Essex County Council, with lead responsibility for the South East LEP and the Whole Essex Community Budget pilot (Economic Opportunity).
Simon's priorities for his year as President include:
- Building alliances - improve / amplify ADEPT's voice, be tactical and run campaigns ADEPT will be recognised for and celebrate success of ADEPT and its members
- To drive / develop the role of Place Directors
- Engagement - are ADEPT truly representing the membership? how can we engage better?
Subject boards and sub-national groups
Click here to find out more about each of the subject boards and sub-national groups.
Governance and constitution
Click here to see our Governance Framework.
Click here to see ADEPT’s Constitution.
Click here to see ADEPT’s Policy on Subject Board Expenditure.
Click here to see ADEPT’s Policy on Travel & Subsistence.
Click here to see ADEPT’s Policy on Freedom of Information requests.
Click here to see ADEPT's Finance Reserve Policy.