Why should you join ADEPT?
ADEPT is the voice of 'Place' Directors in upper tier local authorities across England, along with Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and corporate partners drawn from key service sectors, collaborating effectively to create places that work for all.
We occupy a privileged position at the at the crucial interface between local authority, LEPs and central Government.
By joining ADEPT you will be part of a forward looking, influential organisation with a strong national profile. We are already making an enormous impact.
Every day our members work to build successful local economies and sustainable communities. Through our unique system of technical working groups, subject and sub-national boards, ADEPT provides a unique opportunity to contribute to research and development, examine new approaches and develop policy with colleagues from different professional backgrounds. Current priorities include EU Exit, the Industrial Strategy Green Paper and Housing White Paper alongside growing issues such as air quality, digital provision and energy security.
If you want to help influence and shape government policy and initiatives then JOIN US TODAY.
As you can see from the attached map and list of authority members, and this map of LEP members, we have a strong national profile but we need to grow our membership to increase our influence and to achieve our vision to 2030.
Benefits of ADEPT Membership
Membership to ADEPT offers numerous benefits to you and your organisation.
- A real opportunity to contribute to government policy and initiatives
- A chance to share best practice, experience and technical expertise with colleagues both regionally and nationally
- A forum for networking with corporate, public sector and political partners
- Use of ADEPT's extensive online resources and networks
Who can join?
The following people are eligible for membership:
- Local authority directors with strategic service responsibilities for planning, transportation, environment, waste management, economic development throughout England.
- Chief officers with strategic service responsibilities for planning, transportation, environment, waste management, economic development throughout England.
- LEP chief executives
- Former local authority directors who have now retired but still want to be involved with ADEPT
- Former ADEPT members who now work within the private sector or outside of local government in the public sector
Fees and savings
Membership Costs - 2017/18
There are four types of membership:
- Local authority membership
- Associate membership
- Honorary members
- Special Honorary members
For a new authority, membership costs £540 for the first year. From then on, fees are based on the population of the authority:
- Population under 250,000 - £600 per annum
- Population between 250,000-500,000 - £1200 per annum
- Population over 500,000 - £2040 per annum
Each local authority can nominate up to 5 or 6 named individuals who become ADEPT members.
Local Enterprise Partnership chief executives / managing directors are eligible for membership at a cost of £210 per annum.
To be eligible as a Honorary Member, you must be retired from relevant remunerated employment.
In addition, Special Honorary Members who retire from relevant employment within the private sector will be eligible for transfer to the class of Honorary Member.
Honorary membership is FREE.
Special Honorary Members
A Special Honorary Member is someone who was previously a member or Honorary Member who now works:
- within the private sector, or;
- outside of local government in the public sector
Special Honorary membership is £50 per annum.
How to join
You can the complete online form here.