The Climate Change Board is the voice of ADEPT when speaking on strategic climate change issues. It is outward facing towards government and our partners within and beyond the local authority sector, rather than an internal offer to ADEPT members.
It aims to:
- identify high level concerns about the national climate action policy framework and delivery progress
- offer a way for place directors individually and collectively (via ADEPT’s subject and regional Boards) to escalate their concerns
- offer a route to influence policy and delivery by engaging with the key national forums including the Local Net Zero Forum, the Local Adaptation Advisory Panel, the Climate Change Committee and the Local Government Association
- collaborate with a range of partners to raise strategic climate action issues
- highlight areas where local authorities have opportunities to make greater progress with their climate action plans
Membership of the Board
- ADEPT’s representatives on the LNZF/Chair of the LAAP
- Chair of Environment Board
- Chair of Energy & Clean Growth Working Group
- ADEPT lead members on LGA and UK100 climate groups
- One Place Director from each subject and regional Board (except where those Boards are already represented above)
- CEO and Policy Officer.
The Board's full terms of reference can be found here.