The National Traffic Managers' Forum's function is:
1. To ensure issues in discharging the Traffic Management Duty can be addressed to Highways England and DfT
2. To provide a focus for engagement on key strategic issues and where necessary operational matters, between the traffic manager groups and DfT, Highways England and the Police
3. To ensure effective communication between the respective parties, including the different regional groups and other key stakeholders
4. To encourage and facilitate the exchange of good practice, innovation and emerging ideas
5. To represent traffic managers at the ADEPT Transport Board.
The group's terms of reference can be found here.