ADEPT has entered into an exclusive partnership with Proving Services, to offer membership of best practice research groups and benchmarking services to ADEPT local authority members. You can download our leaflet to find out more. The resources currently available to ADEPT members through this partnership can be found here.
Our exclusive collaboration enables ADEPT local authority members to freely access the findings, analytical tools, datasets and thought leadership generated by best practice research groups coordinated by Proving Services.
It offers opportunities to debate, design, develop and test innovative solutions to prevailing and emerging challenges. In the first instance the focus will be on highways, waste and resources, and property.
A key aim is to give ADEPT local authority members the chance to support strategic transformation, drive the implementation of sector-based innovation and deploy continuous value for money improvements.
Proving Services is a small research organisation based at Cranfield University. The organisation has worked extensively to develop sector-leading, research-based tools and processes which are used extensively across the private and public sector.
You can find out more about their current research programme by looking at the Frequently Asked Questions.
For further information, please visit their website.
The exclusive partnership between ADEPT and Proving Services has been designed to offer significant benefits.
- Software toolkits & research - access to a range of software toolkits, best practice and unique, evidence-based research papers for free, or at a significantly reduced cost.
- Influence - the chance to support strategic transformation, the implementation of sector-based innovation and deploy continuous value for money improvements.
- Research Groups - the opportunity to take part in and benefit from three distinct Research Groups.
- Conference ticket - a complimentary ticket to one of two annual conferences, in Manchester or London.
- Financial savings for local authorities - membership of the VfM Benchmarking Clubs is via an annual subscription of £3,750 per club, representing a significant saving. The average cost of accessing these tools outside the partnership with ADEPT is £5,000 - £12,500. In addition, Proving Services offer a certified VfM assessment for a single fee of £3,700 (typical cost £5,000 - £10,000).
ADEPT local authority members have the opportunity to take part in and benefit from three distinct Research Groups. Each specialist club, attended by sector leaders, offers similar opportunities – to debate, design, develop, test and share innovative solutions to prevailing and emerging challenges.
The Research Groups are:
- Future Highways Research Group – already established and extended to all ADEPT local authority members in autumn 2018.
- Future Waste & Resources Research Group – to be launched autumn 2019.
- Future Property Research Club – to be launched spring 2020.
You can find out more about the research club activities on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Value for Money (VfM) Benchmarking clubs
In addition, a number of Value for Money (VfM) Benchmarking clubs are available, all linked to the relevant Research Club. They offer members use of Proving Services’ Value Analyser TM toolkit and methodology, enabling members to undertake self-assessment reviews at whole service or function level, with benchmarking information available, if required.
Certified VfM assessment
ADEPT local authority members also have the chance to undertake a certified Value for Money (VfM) assessment through Proving Services at a significantly reduced fee.
You can find out more by looking at the Frequently Asked Questions.
Both associate membership and full membership of each of the Research Groups is free to ADEPT local authority members.
All local authority members of ADEPT are enrolled automatically as associate members. While associate members are not able to attend Research Group meetings, they are able to access key benefits from each group:
- Free access to research findings, many analytic tools, datasets and thought leadership articles available on the ‘members only’ area of the ADEPT website.
- Complimentary ticket to one of two annual conferences at Manchester or London.
All local authority members of ADEPT can become full members of an individual Research Group but numbers are restricted. Full membership gives the same benefits as associate membership but also the ability to:
- Attend and participate in all Research Group meetings.
- Assist in setting the research agenda.
- Act as a lead pioneer for a research theme.
Membership of the Benchmarking Clubs is via an annual subscription of £3,750 per club representing a significant saving for ADEPT local authority members. The average cost of accessing these tools outside the partnership with ADEPT is £5,000 - £12,500.
ADEPT will receive a fee of £750 for each member it recruits to a Benchmarking Club. As a not-for-profit organisation, any surplus is ploughed back into the Association and used to further improve services to members.
To find out more:
- Take a look at our FAQs.
- Download our leaflet about the partnership
- Read the case studies from Lincolnshire County Council, Suffolk County Council and Oxfordshire County Council
- View the resources currently available to Local Authorities through the partnership
- Email [email protected]
- Call 07872 013707