Partnership with ADEPT
ADEPT entered into an exclusive partnership with Proving Services in 2018, to offer membership of best practice research clubs and benchmarking services to ADEPT local authority members.
Our exclusive collaboration enables ADEPT local authority members to freely access the findings, analytical tools, datasets and thought leadership generated by best practice research groups co-ordinated by Proving Services.
It offers opportunities to debate, design, develop and test innovative solutions to prevailing and emerging challenges. Currently, the focus is on highways and waste and recycling. The Future Highways Research Group is now well established, while the Future Waste & Recycling Research Group is embryonic, with a focus on benchmarking.
A key aim is to give ADEPT local authority members the chance to support strategic transformation, drive the implementation of sector-based innovation and deploy continuous value for money improvements.
18 months on, the partnership is proud to announce the launch of its new Strategic Options Analyser toolkit. You can find out more about the toolkit here.
Having reviewed the partnership, in November 2020 ADEPT and Proving will combine and enhance the Future Highways Research Group and the VfM Benchmarking Club to create a single research and benchmarking membership.
Proving Services is a small research organisation based at Cranfield University. The organisation has worked extensively to develop sector-leading, research-based tools and processes which are used extensively across the private and public sector.
You can find out more about their current research programme by looking at the Frequently Asked Questions.
For further information, please visit the Proving Services website.
The exclusive partnership between ADEPT and Proving Services has been designed to offer significant benefits for all ADEPT local authority members.
- Software toolkits & research - access to a range of software toolkits, best practice and unique, evidence-based research papers for free, or at a significantly reduced cost.
- Influence - the chance to support strategic transformation, the implementation of sector-based innovation and deploy continuous value for money improvements.
- Research Groups - the opportunity to take part in and benefit from Research Groups.
- Conference ticket - a complimentary ticket to an annual conference.
- Financial savings for local authorities - with the VfM benchmarking tool, whether self assessment or independently verified (more detail below).
Strategic Options Analyser toolkit
The Strategic Options Analyser toolkit is a powerful, strategic tool, free for ADEPT local authority members, and the first of its kind for the sector. It is designed to support the analysis and prioritisation of future strategic initiatives. The toolkit is used to create a route map of business changes towards an authority’s strategic outcomes. You can find out more about the toolkit here.
ADEPT local authority members have the opportunity to take part in and benefit from two distinct Research Groups. Each specialist club, attended by sector leaders, offers similar opportunities – to debate, design, develop, test and share innovative solutions to prevailing and emerging challenges.
The Research Groups are:
- Future Highways Research Group – already established and extended to all ADEPT local authority members in autumn 2018.
- Future Waste & Recycling Research Group – this is an embryonic group, with a focus on benchmarking.
You can find out more about the research club activities on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Until November 2020, when the new membership model becomes operational, Proving continues to offer the following:
- Value for Money (VfM) Benchmarking Clubs The Value for Money (VfM) Benchmarking Clubs offer ADEPT local authority members use of Proving Services’ Value Analyser TM toolkit and methodology, enabling members to undertake self-assessment reviews at whole service or function level, with benchmarking information available, if required. Membership of a Benchmarking Club is via an annual subscription of £3,750 per club representing a significant saving for ADEPT local authority members. The average cost of accessing these tools outside the partnership with ADEPT is £5,000 - £12,500. ADEPT will receive a fee of £750 for each member it recruits to a Benchmarking Club. As a not-for-profit organisation, any surplus is ploughed back into the Association and used to further improve services to members.
- Certified VfM assessment ADEPT local authority members also have the chance to undertake a certified Value for Money (VfM) assessment through Proving Services at a significantly reduced fee. You can find out more about both services by looking at the Frequently Asked Questions.
From November 2020, ADEPT and Proving will combine and enhance the Future Highways Research Group and the VfM Benchmarking Club to create a single research and benchmarking membership with an all-in annual fee of £4,950 + VAT. This represents a significant annual saving of 33% for combined membership.
To find out more:
- Take a look at our FAQs.
- The highways marketplace review is here
- Read the case studies from Lincolnshire County Council, Suffolk County Council and Oxfordshire County Council
- View the resources currently available to local authorities through the partnership
- Email [email protected]
- Contact Andy Perrin, Director at Proving ([email protected] / mobile 07400 161111).