Future Highways Research Group: a partnership between ADEPT & Proving Services
ADEPT entered into an exclusive partnership with Proving Services in 2018, to offer membership of best practice research clubs and benchmarking services to ADEPT local authority members.
Our exclusive collaboration enables ADEPT local authority members to freely access the findings, analytical tools, datasets and thought leadership generated by best practice research groups coordinated by Proving Services. It offers opportunities to debate, design, develop and test innovative solutions to prevailing and emerging challenges.
Currently, the focus is on highways and waste and recycling. The Future Highways Research Group (FHRG) is now well established, while the Future Waste & Recycling Research Group (FWRRG) is embryonic, with a focus on benchmarking.
The main aim is to give ADEPT local authority members the chance to support strategic transformation, drive the implementation of sector-based innovation and deploy continuous value for money improvements. A key tool to do this is the Strategic Options Analyser toolkit. You can find out more about the toolkit here.
Having reviewed the partnership, ADEPT and Proving have combined the Future Highways Research Group and the Value for Money (VfM) Benchmarking Club, to create a single and enhanced research and benchmarking membership. Please download the flyer to find out more.
Proving Services is a small research organisation based at Cranfield University. The organisation has worked extensively to develop sector-leading, research-based tools and processes which are used extensively across the private and public sector.
You can find out more about their current research programme by looking at the Frequently Asked Questions.
The exclusive partnership between ADEPT and Proving Services has been designed to offer significant benefits for all ADEPT local authority members.
- Software toolkits & research - access to a range of software toolkits, best practice and unique, evidence-based research papers for free, or at a significantly reduced cost.
- Influence - the chance to support strategic transformation, the implementation of sector-based innovation and deploy continuous value for money improvements.
- Research Groups - the opportunity to take part in and benefit from Research Groups.
- Conference ticket - a complimentary ticket to an annual conference.
- Financial savings for local authorities – the new annual membership fee represents a significant annual saving of 33% for combined membership
Please download the flyer for further information on the benefits.
Strategic Options Analyser toolkit
The Strategic Options Analyser toolkit is a powerful, strategic tool, free for ADEPT local authority members, and the first of its kind for the sector. It is designed to support the analysis and prioritisation of future strategic initiatives. The toolkit is used to create a route map of business changes towards an authority’s strategic outcomes. You can find out more about the toolkit here.
Future Highways Research Group
ADEPT local authority members have the opportunity to take part in and benefit from the Future Highways Research Group. This specialist club, attended by sector leaders, offers opportunities to debate, design, develop, test and share innovative solutions to prevailing and emerging challenges in the highways sector. In the future, we would like to establish a Future Waste & Recycling Group.
You can find out more about the research club activities on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
In December 2020, ADEPT and Proving Services combined and enhanced the Future Highways Research Group (FHRG) and the Value for Money Benchmarking Club to create a single research and benchmarking membership with an all-in annual fee of £4,950 + VAT. This represents a significant annual saving of 33% for combined membership. The annual membership fee provides unrestricted access to the research outputs of the FHRG and will also include an independent, annually conducted VfM Assessment, as well as access to the anonymised VfM benchmark data.
To find out more:
- Take a look at our FAQs
- Download the flyer for further information
- The highways marketplace review is here
- Read the case studies from Lincolnshire County Council, Suffolk County Council and Oxfordshire County Council
- View the resources currently available to local authorities through the partnership
- Email [email protected]
- Contact Andy Perrin, Director at Proving ([email protected] / mobile 07400 161111).